Gay·lus·sacia | \ ˌgāləˈsāsh(ē)ə, -ˈsakēə\
Definition of Gaylussacia
: a large genus of American shrubs (family Ericaceae) comprising the true huckleberries and being distinguished by a 10-locular 10-ovuled ovary and anthers without awns
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game