Fla·vi·an | \ ˈflāvēən\
Definition of Flavian
: of or relating to the ancient Roman gens bearing the name Flavius and especially to the three Roman emperors Vespasian, Titus, and Domitian who belonged to this gens
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game