Flag·el·la·tae | \ -lätˌē, -lātˌē\
Definition of Flagellatae
in some classifications
: a class of flagellated unicellular organisms comprising the Chrysomonadina, Cryptomonadina, Euglenoidina, and closely related flagellate and algal organisms and being nearly equivalent in scope to Phytomastigina of other classifications
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game