Fe·rae | \ ˈfeˌrī; ˈfeˌrē, ˈfiˌ-\
Definition of Ferae
1 in some classifications : a subdivision of Mammalia coextensive with Carnivora
2 in some former classifications : a subdivision of Mammalia comprising Carnivora together with a varied assemblage of chiefly carnivorous marsupials, bats, insectivores, rodents, and primates
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game