Far·mer's reducer | \ ˈfärmərz-, ˈfȧməz-\
Definition of Farmer's reducer
: a 20 to 25 percent solution of hypo to which a few drops of a 10 percent solution of potassium ferricyanide are added and which is used for reducing the image density and fog density of photographic negatives and prints
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?