Eu·phra·sia | \ yüˈfrāzh(ē)ə\
Definition of Euphrasia
: a large genus of hemiparasitic herbs (family Scrophulariaceae) widely distributed outside the tropics and having flowers with the upper lip of the corolla 2-cleft and its margin recurved
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game