Eu·no·to·sau·rus | \ yüˌnōtəˈsȯrəs\
Definition of Eunotosaurus
: a genus of small generalized reptiles from the Middle Permian of southern Africa that have the vertebrae reduced in number and the ribs broad and somewhat leaf-shaped, are often considered ancestral to the turtles, and are commonly placed in a separate suborder of Chelonia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game