Definition of Ethiopic
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Ethiopic (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a Semitic language formerly spoken in Ethiopia and still used as the liturgical language of the Christian church in Ethiopia
2 : the Ethiopic group of Semitic languages
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game