Definition of Egyptian lupine
: an erect hairy annual legume (Lupinus termis) originally of the eastern Mediterranean but introduced into certain dry regions of the U.S. that has white flowers tinged with blue on the standard and bluish green on the keel apex
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game