Definition of Egyptian lotus
1 : either of two water lilies held sacred by the Egyptians:
a : a white lily (Nymphaea lotus)
b : a blue lily (N. caerulea)
2 : indian lotus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game