Echi·tes | \ -ˈkītēz\
Definition of Echites
: a large genus of woody vines (family Apocynaceae) chiefly of tropical America having a 5-lobed disk in the flowers and a glandular or fine-scaled calyx
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game