Definition of Dutch-process
(Entry 1 of 2)
: treated with an alkaline substance —used of cocoa and chocolate
Definition of Dutch process (Entry 2 of 2)
: a method of manufacturing white lead in which metallic lead gratings or plates are placed in the upper part of pots containing dilute acid and the pots stacked in fermenting tanbark or manure and left for about three months
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game