Definition of Dniester
river 877 miles (1411 kilometers) long in south central Europe rising in Ukraine on the northern slope of the Carpathian Mountains near the Polish border and flowing southeast into and through Moldova and back into Ukraine to empty into the Black Sea
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game