Definition of Dnieper
river 1420 miles (2285 kilometers) long in east central Europe rising in the southern Valdai Hills of Russia, flowing southwest then south through eastern Belarus, southeast and southwest through Ukraine, and then south into the Black Sea
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game