Definition of Dnieper
river 1420 miles (2285 kilometers) long in east central Europe rising in the southern Valdai Hills of Russia, flowing southwest then south through eastern Belarus, southeast and southwest through Ukraine, and then south into the Black Sea
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game