Di·pla·sio·coe·la | \ (ˌ)dīˌplāzēōˈsēlə\
Definition of Diplasiocoela
: a suborder of Salientia including the families Ranidae, Polypedatidae, and Brevicipitidae and having the anterior surface of the first seven vertebrae concave and the eighth vertebra biconcave, a firm median fusion of the shoulder girdle, and no ribs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game