Dei·no·ce·pha·lia | \ ˌdīnōsə̇ˈfālyə\
Definition of Deinocephalia
: a suborder of Therapsida comprising reptiles known from Permian fossils of southern Africa and Russia that had massive skulls and heavy legs and included the largest of the reptiles foreshadowing mammals, some exceeding the modern rhinoceros in size
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?