Dav·ai·ne·i·dae | \ ˌdavəˈnēəˌdē\
Definition of Davaineidae
: a family of small primitive cyclophyllidean tapeworms (type genus Davainea) that are chiefly parasites of birds and that have an armed cushion-shaped rostellum, the suckers also often with hooks, and the larva a cysticercoid — see raillietina
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game