Das·y·pel·ti·dae | \ ˌdasəˈpeltəˌdē\
Definition of Dasypeltidae
: an African family of egg-eating snakes containing a single species (Dasypeltis scaber) having the hypapophyses of the cervical vertebra extending into the esophagus where they form a rasp used in breaking eggshells — see elachistodontidae
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game