Das·y·neu·ra | \ ˌdasəˈn(y)u̇rə\
Definition of Dasyneura
: a large widely distributed genus of midges that are typically gall midges having larvae which feed chiefly on plant buds, in leaf curls, or in galls and sometimes cause the destruction of reproductive structures of various plants — see clover seed midge
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game