Cteno·sto·ma·ta | \ ˌtenəˈstōmətə\
Definition of Ctenostomata
: an order of Bryozoa (class Gymnolaemata) having a circle of processes resembling bristles that close the aperture when the tentacles are retracted
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?