Cteno·pla·na | \ ˌtenəˈplānə\
Definition of Ctenoplana
: a genus of ctenophores consisting of a single species of small degenerate bottom-dwelling forms lacking ciliated swimming plates that are widely distributed in the Indian and Pacific oceans
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?