variants: or Comstock's mealybug
Definition of Comstock mealybug
: an Asian mealybug (Pseudococcus comstocki) introduced accidentally into North America where it is a pest of various cultivated trees (such as citrus and apples)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game