Com·plu·ten·sian | \ ¦kämplü¦tenchən\
Definition of Complutensian
: of or relating to the polyglot bible published in Alcalá de Henares, Spain, in 1513–17 and containing the Old Testament in Hebrew, the Targum of Onkelos on the Pentateuch, the Septuagint, the Vulgate, and the Greek New Testament the Complutensian Polyglot
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game