Clu·ny lace | \ ˈklünē-\
Definition of Cluny lace
: a sturdy bobbin lace for clothing and interior decoration made by hand or machine of linen or cotton thread and characterized by wheat or wheel designs on a coarse mesh
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?