Definition of Clovis
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to a widely distributed prehistoric culture of North America characterized by leaf-shaped flint projectile points having fluted sides
Definition of Clovis (Entry 2 of 2)
1 city in central California northeast of Fresno population 95,631
2 city in eastern New Mexico near the border with Texas population 37,775
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game