Cla·dis·tia | \ kləˈdistēə\
Definition of Cladistia
: an order of Teleostomi comprising primitive bony freshwater African fishes that have scales, head skeleton, and pectoral arch which resemble those of the extinct Archistia and that include the bichir and the reedfish — compare polypterus
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game