Definition of Chrissake
- “Where's he come from?” he asked. “Worcester, Mass.” “I thought so. He's got those feet.” “What feet?” “Those feet! Didn't you ever see his feet, for Chrissake … ?”
- —Arthur Miller, Timebends, 1987
- For chrissakes: Just because you articulate that eating is both navigating that delicate balance between providing the vital nutrients needed to fuel the body and pleasing your own personal palette doesn't mean you're not just having your fucking lunch.
- —Bret McCabe, City Paper (Baltimore, Maryland), 12 Feb. 2014
- Those of us who have grown up and gone to school within the last five hundred years or so have probably read Catcher in the Rye at least once. Or about thirteen times, for chrissake.
- —Jay McInerney, Esquire, July 1989