Definition of China pink
: a biennial or short-lived perennial pink (Dianthus chinensis) often grown as an annual and having little or no basal branching, stiff stems, and usually whitish or rosy lilac flowers often with a purplish eye
— called also rainbow pink— see japanese pink
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game