Chilean sea bassnoun
Definition of Chilean sea bass
: patagonian toothfish also : antarctic toothfish In the early 1990s, the mysterious Chilean sea bass, the market name for two little-studied species of Patagonian toothfish and Antarctic toothfish, became the darling of both chefs and diners for its unctuous flesh, which was almost impossible to overcook. — Caroline Bates
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game