Definition of Chilean sea bass
: patagonian toothfish also : antarctic toothfish In the early 1990s, the mysterious Chilean sea bass, the market name for two little-studied species of Patagonian toothfish and Antarctic toothfish, became the darling of both chefs and diners for its unctuous flesh, which was almost impossible to overcook. — Caroline Bates
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game