Definition of Chartreux
(Entry 1 of 2)
\ (ˈ)shär¦trüs, -ȧ¦t-, -üz sometimes -är¦trərs or -ȧ¦trə̄s\
Definition of Chartreux (Entry 2 of 2)
: any of a breed of short-haired domestic cats of French origin having a bluish gray coat and gold or orange eyes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game