Chae·to·mi·um | \ kēˈtōmēəm\
Definition of Chaetomium
: a genus (the type of the family Chaetomiaceae) of ascomycetous fungi that are characterized by long straight, curled, or branched hairs on the usually dull-colored perithecia especially on their upper surfaces and that include several fungi destructive to paper and other materials and to some plastics
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game