Ca·thar·tae | \ kəˈthärtˌē\
Definition of Cathartae
: the suborder of Falconiformes comprising the New World vultures and related extinct birds — see cathartidae
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game