Caspian languagesplural noun
Definition of Caspian languages
: a group of Iranian languages or dialects spoken chiefly in the Caspian provinces of Persia but distinct from Persian and including Tat, Talishi, Gilaki, Mazanderani, and Samnani
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game