Caspian Seageographical name
Definition of Caspian Sea
salt lake between Europe (the European parts of Russia and Azerbaijan) and Asia (Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Iran, and the Asian part of Azerbaijan); about 90 feet (27 meters) below sea level area 143,550 square miles (371,795 square kilometers)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game