Ca·ri·des | \ kəˈrī(ˌ)dēz, ˈkarəˌdēz \
Definition of Carides
: a tribe of decapod crustaceans (suborder Natantia) containing most shrimps, prawns, and related forms in which the lateral plates of the second abdominal segment overlap those of the first
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game