Ca·ri·des | \ kəˈrī(ˌ)dēz, ˈkarəˌdēz\
Definition of Carides
: a tribe of decapod crustaceans (suborder Natantia) containing most shrimps, prawns, and related forms in which the lateral plates of the second abdominal segment overlap those of the first
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?