Car·bo·loy | \ ˈkärbəˌlȯi\
Definition of Carboloy
—used for a hard metallic substance that consists essentially of a cemented carbide of tungsten with cobalt or nickel as a binder, is produced by powder metallurgy, and is used in metal-cutting tools
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?