Definition of Cape robin
: a southern African songbird (Caffrornis caffra) of the family Turdidae that is dusky brown above fading to brownish red on the tail with an orange throat patch and pale or whitish underparts and that is common in settled areas where it feeds on insects and berries
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game