British spelling of robin
1a : a small chiefly European thrush (Erithacus rubecula) resembling a warbler and having a brownish-olive back and orangish face and breast
b : any of various Old World songbirds that are related to or resemble the European robin
2 : a large North American thrush (Turdus migratorius) with olivaceous to slate-gray upperparts, blackish head and tail, black and whitish streaked throat, and dull reddish breast and underparts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game