Ca·naan·it·ic | \ ¦kānə¦nitik\
Definition of Canaanitic
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : canaanite
2 : constituting or belonging to a subdivision of the Northwest Semitic languages that includes Canaanite, Phoenician, Hebrew, and various allied languages
Definition of Canaanitic (Entry 2 of 2)
: the Canaanitic subdivision of languages
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game