Ca·lix·tin | \ kəˈlikstə̇n\
variants: or Calixtine \ " , -ˌtēn , -ˌtīn \
Definition of Calixtin
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a member of a Hussite body that maintained that the laity should receive the cup as well as the bread in the Eucharist
variants: or Calixtine \ " \
Definition of Calixtin (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game