Cal·an·drin·ia | \ ˌkalənˈdrinēə\
Definition of Calandrinia
: a large genus of mostly South American and Australian succulent herbs of the family Portulacaceae that have basal or alternate leaves and purplish ephemeral flowers in bracted racemes or panicles — see rock purslane
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game