Bow·den cable | \ ˈbōdᵊn-, ˈbau̇d-\
variants: or Bowden wire
Definition of Bowden cable
: spring steel wire enclosed in a spiral wire casing for transmitting longitudinal motion at a distance especially (as in a hand brake) around curves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game