Definition of Botswana
landlocked country in southern Africa north of the Molopo River; an independent republic since 1966, formerly the British protectorate of Bechuanaland ; capital Gaborone area 224,606 square miles (581,730 square kilometers), population 1,680,863
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game