Both·ni·an | \ ˈbäthnēən\
Definition of Bothnian
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of Bothnia, a onetime province of Sweden
2 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the people of Bothnia
Definition of Bothnian (Entry 2 of 2)
: a native or inhabitant of Bothnia
Keep scrolling for more
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game