Beni-Is·ra·el | \ ˌbe-nē-ˈiz-rē-əl+ \
Definition of Beni-Israel
1 : a people of Jewish descent living in the neighborhood of Bombay, India, and known to history at least as early as the 12th century a.d.
2 : a member of the Beni-Israel people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game