Beni-Is·ra·el | \ ˌbe-nē-ˈiz-rē-əl+\
Definition of Beni-Israel
1 : a people of Jewish descent living in the neighborhood of Bombay, India, and known to history at least as early as the 12th century a.d.
2 : a member of the Beni-Israel people
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?