Definition of Barbary sheep
: a wild, chiefly brown bovine (Ammotragus lervia) that is closely related to goats and sheep, is native to dry, rocky, mountainous terrain of North Africa but has been introduced into the southwestern U.S., northern Mexico, and Spain, and has a fringe of long hairs extending from the neck to the inner forelegs and horns that curve outward, back, and down : aoudad
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?