Definition of Atlantic bonito
: an oily-fleshed bonito (Sarda sarda) of the western Atlantic that is marked with oblique dark stripes, is highly regarded as a sport fish, but is little used for food — compare chile bonito, pacific bonito
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game