variants: or Atlantic bluefin tuna
Definition of Atlantic bluefin
: bluefin sense 2 Then in the early 1960s four West Coast purse seiners steamed east and opened a major commercial fishery on Atlantic bluefins.— Ted Williams, Audubon, July/August 1992 What was in the water that day was a congregation of Atlantic bluefin tuna, a fish that when prepared as sushi is one of the most valuable forms of seafood in the world.— Paul Greenberg, New York Times, 27 June 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game