variants: or Atlantic bluefin tuna
Definition of Atlantic bluefin
: bluefin sense 2 Then in the early 1960s four West Coast purse seiners steamed east and opened a major commercial fishery on Atlantic bluefins.— Ted Williams, Audubon, July/August 1992 What was in the water that day was a congregation of Atlantic bluefin tuna, a fish that when prepared as sushi is one of the most valuable forms of seafood in the world.— Paul Greenberg, New York Times, 27 June 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?