Athe·cae | \ əˈthē(ˌ)sē\
Definition of Athecae
: a division usually made a suborder of Testudinata comprising turtles with the carapace separate from the internal skeleton and usually with greatly reduced ossification and represented among recent forms by the marine leatherback
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game