Ates·tine | \ əˈtestə̇n, -ˌtīn\
Definition of Atestine
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or belonging to the early Roman Iron Age culture of Ateste related to the Villanova culture but later influenced by the Etruscans
Definition of Atestine (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of the people of Ateste (modern Este, Italy) especially of the period 800–400 b.c.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game